A few notes to help with the understanding of the 2009 Medicare Part D Plan chart above.
- Plan Name: This is the official plan name from CMS
- Deductible: This is the $295 deductible that was presented in the CMS Standard Plan. Many provider's plans do not have a deductible, however the premium may be higher.
- Qualifies for $0 Premium with Full Low-Income Subsidy?: If Yes is in the field, then you would pay a $0 premium if you have a Full Low-Income Subsidy. If No is in the field, then you would be responsible for the difference between what the state provides as the Full Low-Income Subsidy and the actual cost of the plan even if you have a Full Low-Income Subsidy.
- Coverage Gap the Donut Hole: In the CMS Standard Plan, the beneficiary must pay the next $3453.75 in drug costs (the Donut Hole). Many provider's plans cover the costs that fall into this category for an additional premium. In our chart, you will see one of the following:
- No Gap Coverage: you must pay the $3453.75;
- Some Generics: 10% to 65% of formulary generics are covered, but you must pay for Brand Drugs up to $3453.75;
- Many Generics: 65% to 100% of formulary generics are covered, but you must pay for Brand Drugs up to $3453.75;
- All Generics : All formulary Generics are covered, but you must pay for Brand Drugs up to $3453.75;
- All Generics & Few Brands: One regional plan (Alliance Medicare RX), only available in Michigan covers all Generics and a few (less than 10%) of Brand drugs on the plan's formulary.
- Many Generics & Few Brands: two regional plans, only available in Florida (Quality Rx Plus) and Wisconsin (DeanCare Rx Enhanced) cover many Generics (65%-100% of formulary generics) and a few (less than 10%) of formulary Brands.
- Benefit Type: Basic means that this plan follows the standard CMS plan. Enhanced means that this plan has features above and beyond the standard CMS plan.
- Plan ID: This is the unique id for this particular plan.
(Chart Source: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid file 2009LandscapeSourceData_PDP_09_18_08.xls)
Please note: The above plan information comes from CMS. We make every attempt to keep our information up-to-date with plan/premium changes. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information. Through the application process we will provide you with the most up-to-the-minute information/pricing.