A few notes to help with the understanding of the 2010 Medicare Part D Plan chart above.
- Plan Name: This is the official plan name from CMS
- Deductible: This is the $310 deductible that was presented in the CMS Standard Plan. Many provider's plans do not have a deductible, however the premium may be higher.
- Qualifies for $0 Premium with Full Low-Income Subsidy?: If Yes is in the field, then you would pay a $0 premium if you have a Full Low-Income Subsidy. If No is in the field, then you would be responsible for the difference between what the state provides as the Full Low-Income Subsidy and the actual cost of the plan even if you have a Full Low-Income Subsidy.
- Coverage Gap the Donut Hole: In the CMS Standard Plan, the beneficiary must pay the next $3610 in drug costs (the Donut Hole). Many provider's plans cover the costs that fall into this category for an additional premium. In our chart, you will see one of the following:
- No Gap Coverage: you must pay the $3453.75;
- Some Generics: 10% to 65% of formulary generics are covered, but you must pay for Brand Drugs up to $3453.75;
- Many Generics: 65% to 100% of formulary generics are covered, but you must pay for Brand Drugs up to $3453.75;
- All Generics : All formulary Generics are covered, but you must pay for Brand Drugs up to $3453.75;
- All Generics & Few Brands: One regional plan (Alliance Medicare RX), only available in Michigan covers all Generics and a few (less than 10%) of Brand drugs on the plan's formulary.
- Many Generics & Few Brands: two regional plans, only available in Florida (Quality Rx Plus) and Wisconsin (DeanCare Rx Enhanced) cover many Generics (65%-100% of formulary generics) and a few (less than 10%) of formulary Brands.
- Benefit Type: Basic means that this plan follows the standard CMS plan. Enhanced means that this plan has features above and beyond the standard CMS plan.
- Plan ID: This is the unique id for this particular plan.
(Chart Source: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid file 2010LandscapeSourceData_PDP_09_18_08.xls)
Please note: The above plan information comes from CMS. We make every attempt to keep our information up-to-date with plan/premium changes. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information. Through the application process we will provide you with the most up-to-the-minute information/pricing.