|Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Benefit Details in Plain Text|
|The following Medicare Prescription Drug plan (PDP) benefits apply to the First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP) (S5768 - 134) in CMS Region 11, which includes all counties in FL.|
This plan is administered by FIRST HEALTH LIFE & HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY, a national plan provider. This means that the insurance carrier offers Medicare Part D plan in most every state. To switch to a different Medicare Prescription Drug plan or to change your location, click here.
Click here to see the First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP) prescription drug benefit details in chart format
email and view benefits chart
|The First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP) has a monthly premium of $34.30. That is $411.60 for 12 months. There are a few factors that can increase or decrease this premium. If you qualify for full or partial extra help, your premium will be lower. If you have a premium penalty, your premium will be higher. Or if you have a higher income you would be subject to the Income Related Adjustment Amount (IRMAA).|
|Plan Membership and Plan Ratings|
|The First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP) (S5768 - 134) in CMS Region 11 currently has 39,898 members, and 747,870 members in the First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP) nationwide.|
|The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has given this plan carrier a summary rating of 3 stars. The detail CMS plan carrier ratings are as follows:|
|Prescription Drug Coverage: Deductible, Cost-sharing, Formulary|
|This plan does NOT have a deductible for the prescription drug coverage. That means that you have first dollar coverage. Some plans have a deductible that must be paid (in full) prior to the prescription coverage assisting in your prescription costs (see cost-sharing below). The maximum deductible for 2016 is $360. This plan (First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP)) has no deductible.|
|The following information is about the First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP) formulary (or drug list). There are 3388 drugs on the First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP) formulary. |
The First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP) does offer a mail order service.
Click here to browse the First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP) Formulary.
|The Initial Coverage Phase (ICP) can be thought of as the cost-sharing phase of the plan. During this phase, you and the insurance company share your prescription costs. Since this plan has no deductible, your coverage (initial coverage phase) will start right away. All medication are divided into tiers within the plans formulary. This helps the plan to organize and manage the prescription cost-sharing. The First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP)’s formulary is divided into 5 tiers. Every plan can name their tiers differently, and can place medications on any tier. The cost-sharing for this plan is divided as follows: |
The First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP)’s Initial Coverage Limit is $3,310. When this limit is reached, you exit the Initial Coverage Phase and enter the Coverage Gap (or Donut Hole).
|The Coverage Gap, which is also known as the Donut (Doughnut) Hole is the phase of your Medicare Part D plan where
you are responsible for 100% of your medication costs. Healthcare Reform mandates that the insurance carrier pay 42% of your generic drug prescription costs in the donut hole on your behalf. |
The brand-name drug manufacturer will pay 50% and your plan will pay an additional 5% of the cost of your brand-name drugs purchased in the Donut Hole, for a total of 55% discount. The 50% paid by the brand-name drug manufacturer is paid on your behalf and therefore counts toward your TrOOP (or True Out-of-Pocket) costs. The portion paid by your plan, does not count toward TrOOP. Some Medicare Part D plans offer coverage during the Coverage Gap that is beyond the mandated discounts. Any drug not covered by the plan’s Gap Coverage will still receive the discounts noted above -- even if the plan has "No Gap Coverage". This plan (First Health Part D Value Plus (PDP)) offers Coverage in the gap, however Medicare has not specified the details of the gap coverage.