|Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Benefit Details in Plain Text|
|The following Medicare Prescription Drug plan (PDP) benefits apply to the Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP) (S5810 - 285) in CMS Region 11, which includes all counties in FL.|
This plan is administered by AETNA LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY, a national plan provider. This means that the insurance carrier offers Medicare Part D plan in most every state. To switch to a different Medicare Prescription Drug plan or to change your location, click here.
Click here to see the Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP) prescription drug benefit details in chart format
email and view benefits chart
|The Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP) has a monthly premium of $17.70. That is $212.40 for 12 months. There are a few factors that can increase or decrease this premium. If you qualify for full or partial extra help, your premium will be lower. If you have a premium penalty, your premium will be higher. Or if you have a higher income you would be subject to the Income Related Adjustment Amount (IRMAA).|
|Plan Membership and Plan Ratings|
|The Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP) (S5810 - 285) in CMS Region 11 currently has 37,547 members, and 326,489 members in the Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP) nationwide.|
|The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has given this plan carrier a summary rating of 3.5 stars. The detail CMS plan carrier ratings are as follows:|
|Prescription Drug Coverage: Deductible, Cost-sharing, Formulary|
|This plan has a $405 deductible. However, formulary drugs on Tier 1 and 2 are excluded from the $405 deductible and have first dollar coverage (or a $0 deductible). So, you are 100% responsible for the first $405 in medication costs for drugs not on the excluded tiers. After you have met the deductible, the Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP) will share the costs of your medications with you -- see cost-sharing below. $405 is the maximum deductible for 2018. There are other plans with a lower deductible or even a $0 deductible for all formulary drugs. Click here to review plans with a $0 deductible.|
|The following information is about the Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP) formulary (or drug list). There are 3737 drugs on the Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP) formulary. |
The Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP) does NOT offer a mail order service.
Click here to browse the Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP) Formulary.
|The Initial Coverage Phase (ICP) can be thought of as the cost-sharing phase of the plan. During this phase, you and the insurance company share your prescription costs. Once you have spent $405, your initial coverage phase will start. All medication are divided into tiers within the plans formulary. This helps the plan to organize and manage the prescription cost-sharing. The Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP)’s formulary is divided into 5 tiers. Every plan can name their tiers differently, and can place medications on any tier. The cost-sharing for this plan is divided as follows: |
The Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP)’s Initial Coverage Limit is $3,820. When this limit is reached, you exit the Initial Coverage Phase and enter the Coverage Gap (or Donut Hole).
|The Coverage Gap, which is also known as the Donut (Doughnut) Hole is the phase of your Medicare Part D plan where
you are responsible for 100% of your medication costs. Healthcare Reform mandates that the insurance carrier pay 56% of your generic drug prescription costs in the donut hole on your behalf. |
The brand-name drug manufacturer will pay 50% and your plan will pay an additional 15% of the cost of your brand-name drugs purchased in the Donut Hole, for a total of 65% discount. The 50% paid by the brand-name drug manufacturer is paid on your behalf and therefore counts toward your TrOOP (or True Out-of-Pocket) costs. The portion paid by your plan, does not count toward TrOOP. Some Medicare Part D plans offer coverage during the Coverage Gap that is beyond the mandated discounts. Any drug not covered by the plan’s Gap Coverage will still receive the discounts noted above -- even if the plan has "No Gap Coverage". This plan (Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP)) offers Coverage in the gap, however Medicare has not specified the details of the gap coverage.