What information do I need to join a Medicare drug plan?
You will need the following information to complete your enrollment in a Medicare drug plan:
- Name and birth date
- Permanent street address
- Information found on your Medicare card (Medicare Claim Number)
- How you want to pay your plan premiums
- Other insurance information
You may be asked for the following information when you join a Medicare drug plan, but it is optional and isn’t required to process your enrollment:
- Social Security number
- E-mail address
- Name and contact information of an emergency contact
- Name, address, and phone number of nursing home or institution where you live
Once you join a plan, the company will send you specific materials you will need like a membership card, member handbook, drug list
, pharmacy provider directory, and complaint and appeal procedures.