For example, Social Security will not count
the following income and resources:
- Certain distributions received by an Alaska Native from an Alaska Native Regional and Village Corporation;
- Land held in trust by the United States for an individual Indian or Tribe;
- Funds held in trust by the Secretary of the Interior for an Indian Tribe and distributed per capita to members of the Tribe;
- Up to $2,000 per year received by an Indian that is derived from individual interests in trusts or restricted lands; and
- Payments to members of specific Indian Tribes as provided by Federal legislation.
You should contact Social Security for other income and resource exclusions.
(Source: Social Security Administration: Understanding The Extra Help With Your Medicare Prescription Drug Plan publication 10508, January 2011. Additional examples and links from Q1Group LLC)