|Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Benefit Details in Plain Text|
|The following Medicare Prescription Drug plan (PDP) benefits apply to the Humana Enhanced (PDP) (S5884 - 004) in CMS Region 5, which includes all counties in DC DE MD.|
This plan is administered by HUMANA INSURANCE COMPANY, a national plan provider. This means that the insurance carrier offers Medicare Part D plan in most every state. To switch to a different Medicare Prescription Drug plan or to change your location, click here.
Click here to see the Humana Enhanced (PDP) prescription drug benefit details in chart format
email and view benefits chart
|The Humana Enhanced (PDP) has a monthly premium of $66.20. That is $794.40 for 12 months. There are a few factors that can increase or decrease this premium. If you qualify for full or partial extra help, your premium will be lower. If you have a premium penalty, your premium will be higher. Or if you have a higher income you would be subject to the Income Related Adjustment Amount (IRMAA).|
|Plan Membership and Plan Ratings|
|The Humana Enhanced (PDP) (S5884 - 004) in CMS Region 5 currently has 20,586 members. There are 4,267 members enrolled in this plan in Delaware, and 988,715 members in the Humana Enhanced (PDP) nation wide.|
|The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) CMS has has given this plan carrier a summary rating of 3.00 stars. The detail CMS plan carrier ratings are as follows: a Customer Service Rating of 2 out of 5 stars, a Member Experience Rating of 2 out of 5 stars, and a Drug Cost Information Accuracy Rating of 2 out of 5 stars. |
|Prescription Drug Coverage: Deductible, Cost-sharing, Formulary|
|This plan does NOT have a deductible for the prescription drug coverage. That means that you have first dollar coverage. Some plans have a deductible that must be paid (in full) prior to the prescription coverage assisting in your prescription costs (See cost-sharing below). The maximum deductible for 2017 is $400. This plan (Humana Enhanced (PDP)) has no deductible.|
|The following information is about the Humana Enhanced (PDP) formulary (or drug list). There are 3662 drugs on the Humana Enhanced (PDP) formulary. the Humana Enhanced (PDP) does offer a mail order service. Click here to browse the Humana Enhanced (PDP) Formulary.|
|The Initial Coverage Phase (ICP) can be thought of as the cost-sharing phase of the plan. During this phase, you and the insurance company share your prescription costs. Since this plan has no deductible, your coverage (initial coverage phase) will start right away. All medication are divided into tiers within the plans formulary. This helps the plan to organize and manage the prescription cost-sharing. The Humana Enhanced (PDP)’s formulary is divided into 5 tiers. Every plan can name their tiers differently, and can place medications on any tier. The cost-sharing for this plan is divided as follows: |
Tier 1 contains Preferred Generic drugs and has a co-payment of $3.00.
Tier 2 contains Generic drugs and has a co-payment of $7.00.
Tier 3 contains Preferred Brand drugs and has a co-payment of $42.00.
Tier 4 contains Preferred Brand drugs and has a co-insurance of 44% of the drug cost.
Tier 5 contains Specialty Tier drugs and has a co-insurance of 33% of the drug cost.
Click here to browse the Humana Enhanced (PDP) Formulary.
The Humana Enhanced (PDP)’s Initial Coverage Limit is $3700. When this limit is reached, you exit the Initial Coverage Phase and enter the Coverage Gap (or Donut Hole).
|The Coverage Gap, which is also known as the Donut (Doughnut) Hole is the phase of your Medicare Part D plan where
you are responsible for 100% of your medication costs. Healthcare Reform mandates that the insurance carrier pay 49% of your generic drug prescription costs in the donut hole on your behalf. |
The brand-name drug manufacturer will pay 50% and your plan will pay an additional 10% of the cost of your brand-name drugs purchased in the Donut Hole, for a total of 60% discount. The 50% paid by the brand-name drug manufacturer is paid on your behalf and therefore counts toward your TrOOP (or True Out-of-Pocket) costs. The portion paid by your plan, does not count toward TrOOP. Some Medicare Part D plans offer coverage during the Coverage Gap that is beyond the mandated discounts. Any drug not covered by the plan’s Gap Coverage will still receive the discounts noted above -- even if the plan has "No Gap Coverage". This plan (Humana Enhanced (PDP)) offers Coverage in the gap, however Medicare has not specified the details of the gap coverage.
Click the +1 button if you have found this page useful: