How can I get financial "Extra Help" with my Medicare Part D prescription drug costs?
To apply for the Medicare Part D Extra Help
- You can call the Social Security Administration about the
Extra Help program at 1-800-772-1213, Monday through Friday between 7 am and 7
pm and a Social Security Administration representative can then help you get
the proper forms so that you can apply for the Extra Help program (TTY/TDD users should call 1-800-325-0778). You can also visit a local Social Security office to learn more about the Medicare Part D Extra help program.
- You can also apply for Extra Help online at: www.socialsecurity.gov/i1020 and you can learn more about the Extra Help program on the Social Security Administration website: ssa.gov/prescriptionhelp
- You can also contact or visit your local state Medicaid office and
ask for assistance with applying for Extra Help - and remember that each state may
offer slightly different benefits.
Here is the
Medicare link for finding your state Medicaid office: www.medicare.gov/talk-to-someone
contact the state Medicaid office, please explain your situation to a Medicaid
representative and ask the representative for assistance.
- Remember, the Federal Poverty Level Guidelines (FPL) are used to
determine your Medicare Part D Extra Help or Low-Income Subsidy (LIS) qualifications and
benefits. The Federal Poverty Level Guidelines change every year and you can find the 2023 FPL information here: Q1News.com/395
- We also have information online about the Medicare Part D
Extra Help program here: q1medicare.com/PartD-Financial-Assistance-by-Medicaid.php and you can click on the following link to see the annual income guidelines