|Back To News Home
||Item 6 of 15 in this Category
|Over 80% of Seniors Satisfied with Medicare Part D Program. What about you?|
|Published on 2009-05-05 16:11:48||Category: General Medicare Part D|
According to a study commissioned by Medicare Today, 84% of seniors are satisfied with the Medicare Part D prescription drug program (with 55% being Very Satisfied). The satisfaction rate shows a 6% increase since the beginning of the Part D program. However, the overall satisfaction in September 2008 was at a higher rate of 90%.
The study, performed in March 2009 by KRC Research, also found:
Why is the Part D plan working?
- 88% of the seniors in the survey found that their Part D plan offers a good value.
- 68% found that they have lower spending on prescription drugs.
- Over 90% of the seniors felt fortunate with the "peace of mind" of Medicare Part D.
- 30% of those surveyed are now getting medications they once skipped.
- 8% of the survey respondents had trouble paying for their prescriptions.
- 87% say that their Part D plan is "delivering what it said it would".
- 68% found that they have lowered the cost of prescription drugs (80% of the people over 75 said that they have lowered their drug costs).
- 26% feel frustrated with their prescription drug coverage.
- 80% find that their Part D plan covers their prescribed medications (61% strongly agree).
According to the seniors: Convenience, Smooth Operations, and Fair Prices.
The study was based on telephone calls to 1,063 seniors (age 65 and over) enrolled in Medicare. 89% of the people questioned had prescription drug coverage. 20% were enrolled in a stand-alone prescription drug plan (or PDP) and 23% received drug coverage through their Medicare Advantage Plan (or MA-PD).
What are your thoughts?
|Back To News Home
||Blog 6 of 15 in this Category