In a Medicare Cost Plan
- you can join even if you only have Part B.
- if you go to a non-network provider, the services are covered under the Original Medicare Plan. You would pay the Medicare Part A and Part B Coinsurance and Deductibles.
- you can join a Medicare Cost Plan anytime it's accepting new members.
- you can leave a Medicare Cost Plan anytime and return to the Original Medicare Plan.
- you can either get your Medicare prescription drug coverage from the plan (if offered), or you can buy a stand-alone Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D) to add prescription drug coverage.
(Primary Source: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services - Medicare and You Handbook. This content may have been enhanced by Q1Group LLC to include further examples, explanations, and links.)