||You must meet the following requirements:
- Eligible for Medicare: Applicants who are eligible for Medicare Part D must enroll in Medicare Prescription Drug Plan and use that program as the first source of help with prescriptions. In addition, Part C beneficiaries who qualify for Extra Help with Part D costs (such as premiums, deductibles and co-payments) must apply for and, if approved, use that help.
- Age: Applicant and spouse (if spouse is also applying) must be 62 years or older at time of application.
- Income:Includes income from all sources for both applicant and spouse. Effective July 1, 2019, the maximum annual household income for singles is $29,869, and the maximum annual household income for married couples is $39,816.
- Residency: Applicants must have lived continuously in Nevada for at least 12 consecutive months (one year) prior to the date of application.
||Nevada’s Senior Rx prescription program benefits:
- Assistance with prescription costs when in the Medicare Part D coverage gap (donut hole).
- Assistance towards monthly premiums with participating Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan (if not qualified for maximum extra help from Medicare with that expense).
- Senior Rx, Nevada's plan to provide Nevada seniors relief from the high cost of prescription medicine while in the coverage gap (donut hole). Senior Rx provides assistance to seniors who are eligible for Part D with Medicare Part D expenses.
- Senior Rx is funded with a portion of Nevada’s share of tobacco settlement funds and was passed into law during the 1999 legislative session. Many of the program’s benefits are administered through a contracted pharmacy benefit manager (OptumRx). Other benefits are coordinated directly with the Medicare Part D plans that serve as the first prescription drug resource for enrolled members.
- Applicant must not be receiving full Medicaid assistance or 100% Extra Help from Medicare (Full LIS).
(866) 303-6323, option 2
Nevada Senior Rx Program
Department of Health and Human Services
3416 Goni Road, Suite D-132
Carson City, NV 89706
» Nevada Senior Rx Program